The Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area is hiring an Events & Marketing Assistant for May to August 2018. This is a great opportunity for a post-secondary student to build a broad skill set and gain hands-on experience in event planning, project management, marketing and community engagement with a community-based organization.
- Support the planning and execution of large-scale community events including the Downtown Milton Street Festival (Saturday, June 2), the Downtown Milton Classic Car Show (Friday, July 20) and more
- Coordinate logistics, permits, vendors, suppliers and volunteers
- Contribute to event plans, schedules, templates and post-event reports
- Plan and develop promotional material for Downtown events and activities
- Write content for media materials, member and community newsletters, the website, social media and more
- Maintain the membership database and prepare reports to support organizational activities
- Assist with other tasks as needed including administration, website maintenance, research, etc.
The competencies and qualifications required include:
- A post-secondary student currently studying event management, marketing, communications, business or a related field
- Must be returning to school in September 2018
- Experience in planning and executing events
- Excellent writing skills (experience writing in a professional context is an asset)
- A keen interest in community-based organizations and activities
- Organized and outgoing with an ability to learn quickly
- Flexible and eager to complete a wide variety of tasks
- Some schedule flexibility – Average workweek is 35 hours (Monday to Friday), occasional evening and weekend hours will be required based on events and other business needs. The individual will be required to work on Saturday, June 2 and the evening of Friday, July 20.
About the Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area:
The Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area (BIA) works to enhance and restore Downtown Milton and promote it as a vibrant and growing business community. We support local businesses, property owners and the community through beautification efforts, special events, marketing and promotions and strategic partnerships. For more information, visit www.downtownmilton.com.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 23, 2018, referencing the position title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
We welcome applications from all candidates including students with disabilities, indigenous students, students that are members of a visible minority group and students that are new immigrants.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this opportunity. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.