Do you love coordinating events and activities that bring the community together?
Are you a strong communicator with superior organizational skills?
Are you passionate about supporting the success of local businesses?
The Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area (BIA) is looking for an Events & Communications Coordinator to join the team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the individual will plan, implement and promote community events in Downtown Milton. He or she will also coordinate communications with various stakeholder groups, promote the downtown and help position Downtown Milton as a vibrant centre of community and business.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of community events including the Downtown Milton Street Festival, the Downtown Milton Classic Car Show and more;
- Manage work back plans, budgets, logistics and schedules;
- Participate in event planning committee meetings;
- Coordinate the involvement of BIA members in events;
- Organize the application process for event participants, vendors and entertainers;
- Coordinate volunteers and manage supplier relationships;
- Promote events and initiatives through various channels, develop content for print, web and social media;
- Track, evaluate and report on event results.
Communications & marketing
- Develop communication materials for BIA members, the general public, the media and partners;
- Create and post content on the BIA website (News, Events Calendar, etc.);
- Maintain the BIA membership database;
- Liaise with BIA members and partners on marketing initiatives;
- Assist with other tasks as required including reporting, research, etc.
The competencies and qualifications required include:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in event management, communications, marketing or a related field;
- Work experience in event management and communications;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent writing skills and experience executing marketing and communications plans;
- Knowledge of graphic design, content management and online marketing tools;
- A keen interest in community-based organizations and activities;
- Self-motivated, independent and eager to take on a wide variety of tasks.
Hours and compensation:
This is an hourly full-time role working Monday to Friday. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required based on events and other business needs. Compensation is $17 per hour.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Thursday, January 4, 2018.
About the Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area:
The Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area (BIA) works to enhance and restore Downtown Milton and promote it as a vibrant and growing business community. We support local businesses, property owners and the community through beautification efforts, special events, marketing and promotions and strategic partnerships. For more information, visit www.downtownmilton.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with the Downtown Milton BIA. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.